The rising crime trend in Karachi, specially kidnapping for ransom during 1980s caused hardships and grievances to the masses and the business community had to come forward to take the ownership of the city (Karachi). The idea was well perceived and taken by the then Governor Sindh, Justice (Retd) Fakhruddin G. Ibrahim who established a statutory institution that is known as CPLC today.
CPLC – Central Reporting Cell (CRC) was established at Sindh Governor’s Secretariat on 17th March 1990.
Chiefs of CPLC
- Mr. Nazim F. Haji S.St Chief CPLC March 1990 to February 1996
- Mr. Jameel Yousuf S.St Joint Chief CPLC March 1990 to February 1996
- Mr. Jameel Yousuf S.St Chief CPLC March 1996 to March 2003
- Mr. Sharfuddin Memon S.St, T.I. Chief CPLC May 2003 to March 2010
- Mr. Ahmed Chinoy S.I , T.I. Chief CPLC March 2010 to June 2015
- Mr. Zubair Habib T.I. Chief CPLC July 2015 to Present